Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tiger Woods? Please! (original post date 03/16/2010)

The buzz on Twitter and Facebook today is centered around Tiger Woods returning to play in the Masters. Personally I think it's great that Tiger wants to return to golf to play in the sport he is good at and loves but seriously there are just wayyyyy too many people tweeting this information with glee like they have been watching The Masters before Tiger could walk.

"I mean really? How many of y'all really watch golf even if Tiger Woods is playing. That ish is boring as hell... no fuss, Tiger doing what he does best... swinging his balls at random holes. (pun intended) HA!"

I tweeted that less than an hour ago and here are some of those responses I've gotten via twitter and facebook.

On Twitter

@geneeeva: @ChicaWest ~laughing at you ; ) golf is a pretty big deal around here dearie!

@DeeJayClyde: @ChicaWest OMG how dare u! I love golf! Its one of da bestes spor...t....s. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

On Facebook

Jenicco DeLoach Cotton - Well I like Happy Gilmore. Thats about it. :-)

Johnny Florence - Blood that's how u feel u r crazy for that one!!!

Kesha York-Jenkins - he he, I'm saying right?! Girl Black folks is all giddy about Tiger playing in the masters and they know their black asses ain't watching no golf tournament. It's like The Tiger Effect, now that he has been prosecuted by the media because he cheated on his wife all of a sudden blacks want to support him. Psst, give me a damn break!

Mayra Felix - Hahaha. Yeah seriously who watches golf?

Kesha York-Jenkins - Shit I don't... not gonna lie to kick it with all the Tiger supporters. lol

Mayra Felix - Random white holes that is Lol

Bussaina Nubi Ahmed-Mohamed - I know! Like what kind of a sport is that, waiting for the ball to roll into a white hole. Wow. Almost as much as a sport as poker on Espn. Intense as hell.... NOT

Kuji Amani - Actually, I started watchin golf when I learned of Tigers story re his father. Great story. Havent watched since he stopped playin No ones as good as he is. Cant wait to see him do it again.Clinton didnt lose his presidency, politicians dont resign. I support brothers in all sports golf, tennis, swimming, speed skating, bmx, classical music included. There isnt anything we cant master and I enjoy our diverse abilities.There are plenty who support Tiger which is why the PGA is losing money every second he's out.

Kesha York-Jenkins - Kuji your support seem genuine, so kudos go u for supporting Tiger and the golf sport. I personally have never nor will I ever watch golf.

Melanie Wilbur - You are a mess girl! I love it!

Sandy Highland - I don't know who Kuji is...but they are smart ;) I can say "we knew him when"....or maybe "before"....and the story with his father is genuine. So was his love for his extended family...who he gifted generously when he hit it big. Fame is a drug....and he failed the test. But, I never watched golf until he played...and it IS boring as ish without him. Charisma....

Kesha York-Jenkins - Kudos to all people who watch golf... Kuji gave a great explanation as to when, where and how he became a fan of golf. That's great and all but the posts was meant for the bandwaggoneers... only.

Connie Harris - You got a lot going on here..... LOL

Kesha York-Jenkins - @Connie I know right?!

Patricia Castille - You are Crazy Kesha!

Robert Florence - my sister is da only person n da world that understand me.

Sarrah Nunyabidniz - No you di-ent, Mija! Nasty-coshina-girl! But I LMFAO at that! Muahzies!

Keep the comments going. I'll post them here to share with the world! This post is NOT to diss tiger (per se) but to draw attention to the fake hooplah surrounding his return by those who have never probably watched a golf game in their life!

Peace & Blessings,

ChicaWest

No comments:

Post a Comment