Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Music Monday - Michael Jackson Edition

I know there are several... dare I say thousands of blogs dedicated to the late King of Pop Michael Jackson and his music, but as a fan I feel it necessary to share with you a few of my MJ moments from time to time.

Don't ask me why, but this morning I started off my day with Tabloid Junkie, mixed in Superfly Sista and topped off my voyage to work with Earth Song, Human Nature and Smile before the tears started forming at the corners of my eyes.

The sadness is NOT quite what it was 7 months ago but then again I find that no matter the mood I am in Michael's music is what seems to soothe me. So the tears from this morning was NOT from sadness but merely a tranquil joy of hearing his beautiful voice in the wee hours of the morning when the world is quiet and peaceful.

Something about the harmony of Human Nature meshed with the light feeling in my heart made me want to start a Michael marathon for the entire day but I found myself needing to break away from his haunting voice so that I could stay focus for the entire day.

It is lunch time now and Michael is playing once more and this time he is singing about how his Liberian Girl gives him Butterflies... Imagine that?! The King of Pop was so enthralled with his beloved Planet Earth that his PYT got caught up in the rapture of his Dangerous game that went on to the Break of Dawn.

Y'all see where I am headed with this, right? Enjoy the music because that is all we have. His very energy is embedded in every note, melody, line and lyric of each of his songs.

If you start off your work week with a little MJ boost, You Are Not Alone for I am here with you! ;)

Peace & Blessings,

ChicaWest

No comments:

Post a Comment