Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Rapper John Forte on The Mo'Nique Show



I have been a fan of John Forte since when Lauryn Hill was still rapping and singing with The Fugees. It broke my heart when I heard that John had been arrested on drug possession charges. However, I am elated to know that the prison system didn't break John's spirit. Listening to him share the details of his arrest and incarceration on The Mo'Nique Show made me adore him even more.

His fall from grace served a purpose; to reconnect with the man he was designed to be. Although I'm sure John is fully aware of the man is he, I'm not quite sure he sees how beautiful his spirit has become. Through self evaluation one can see the bad choices made that sparked a course of negative retribution... John openly shared his faults and re-examine his flaws that ultimately cost him his freedom.

As a fan, there is nothing more humbling than the person you look up to admitting that the aren't perfect... I mean this with all sincerity. And as Mo'Nique stated, John is a good dude... a righteous dude... and intelligent dude who just made some bad choices in life and that should be recognized and reconciled and not held against him. I'm just happy that Mr. Forte is back on the right track with his life and music.

By the grace of God if John happens to read this blog post; I want him to know how proud I am of him owning his past and moving forward into the future with a positive and very uplifting mindset. There aren't enough brothers in this world who could travel the road you have and come out mentally and spiritually stronger.

Stay true to you John!


Peace & Blessings,

ChicaWest

1 comment:

  1. I love John Forte! Kudos to him for opening up and being honest with Mo'Nique about how he ended up in prison. There is something to be said about a man owning up to his mistakes and turning his life around so that he doesn't make those same mistakes again. Thanks for sharing the video. I hope John does read your words and see that he has a genuine fan who cares about how he is living life outside of the music.

    ~I~

    ReplyDelete