Monday, April 12, 2010

Don't be so quick to upgrade in life!

Last week while getting lunch at Panera's Bread a cashier complimented me on my ring. She thought it to be beautiful, classic and eloquent. The woman was particularly fond of the unique personal details to the mounting and band.

I was flattered by her compliments and felt a bit guilty because for the last year and half I have been talking in my husband's ear about upgrading my ring for a bigger and better one. I spent so much time trying to upgrade the beautiful token on my finger that I didn't realize that I was already wearing perfect ring designed specifically for me.

Just like with everything else in life, usually what is best for us or designed specifically for us is something we already have in our lives; yet we seek the next BIG thing or UPGRADES from what we already have because we're duped into believing what we have is not good enough.

This revolution was so mind blowing that I had to share the experience with my husband and you know what he said? "Wow, all it took was someone to compliment you on your ring to save me money?! Women, I don't understand them sometimes." Although he doesn't understand the "women" logic he was happy that we no longer had to look for a replacement ring for when we renewed our vows.

If this entry serves as anything I want you all to take this pearl of wisdom with you: The things you acquire in life from the ones you love does not require upgrades unless the value of it's meaning has been reduced to a meaningless relic. Like my ring, the personal designed embedded with the love and time that went into making it made it special in it's own right and it's something that I will forever cherished now that I've been reminded of how special it is.

Peace & Blessings,

ChicaWest

No comments:

Post a Comment